db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: get the SQL to be executed
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:51:02 GMT
On 19.01.12 18:38, Ivano Luberti wrote:
> Thanks all for your responses.
> Just to clarify, I need to generate sql commands inside my code to
> generate a file that can be used by another software (not written by me)
> to import data.
>
> I would like not to execute commands but only write them (because this
> is what I need).
> If I cannot find alternatives, I can execute them and use one of the
> logging facilities that have been suggested.

Well, inserts are sort of tricky because the actual SQL generation
happens deep inside Village. If you have control over your class loader,
you may modify a copy of the com.workingdogs.village.Record class and
put that first in the chain. Look for the saveWithInsert() method. This
is probably the closest you can get, IMHO.

Bye, Thomas.