db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffery Painter" <pain...@kiasoft.com>
Subject MySQL 5.5.11 and TIMESTAMP
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:42:45 GMT

Hello,

I was running maven torque:datasql task (maven version 1 plugin) and ran
into an issue with the generated SQL when inserting into a MySQL 5.5.11
(community edition) database on Windows platform.

The generated sql has statements that look like this:

CREATE TABLE TEST( ID INT NOT NULL, MODIFIED TIMESTAMP(0) )

However, TIMESTAMP(0) is not supported in the latest version of MySQL for
some reason... removing the (0) manually corrects the issue.

Can someone tell me where in the Torque generation steps it is adding the
(0)? I don't have anything like that in my app-schema.xml file.

In fact, this version of MySQL doesn't support any numeric value in the
form of (nn) after the timestamp definition.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/datetime.html

It does work under MySQL 5.1.x on Ubuntu 10.10.

Thanks for any help... I will try to find a MySQL 5.1.x installer for
Windows and test against that.

--
Jeffery Painter