db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Engelbert <c.engelb...@u-form.de>
Subject Re: SV: Interface-Driven Design
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:34:15 GMT
Am 04.04.2011 11:34, schrieb Thomas Fox:
>> I thought about interfaces for the generated classes that have getter /
>> setter for all of the properties. I need to use them in a
>> multi-classloader environment. The idea was to create an OSGi like
>> interface / implementation system. That means you have a JAR with the
>> interfaces and a JAR with the implementations (in this case the
>> generated classes from Torque).
>>
>> Torque is able to "generate" interface classes (if they not exist) but
>> this are plain interfaces with no methods defined at all. It would be
>> great if there is a way to generate full interfaces, as well for OSGi
>> environments.
>>
>> Does anyone know a good way or did an extension for the generation
>> process to handle generation of interfaces?
> In the past, we have done a similar thing for Torque 3.3 (use non-static
> DAOs as Frontend to the static Peer classes). We did rewrite the templates
> to achieve this. I do not know any other way nor do I know that such
> modified templates are available anywhere on the web.
>
> As the Torque 3.3 templates are rewritten quite heavily for torque 4,
> changing the templates for torque 3 would be a throwaway work I'm afraid.
>
> However, for Torque 4 it is planned to allow a non-static version of the
> peer classes, but this is not implemented yet. In the meantime, it may be
> feasible to generate non-static wrappers for peer classes for torque 4 and
> also generate interfaces. This would still involve template-rewriting.
>
> I know this answer is not very satisfying but the pest I can come up with.

Thanks for your answer. That's what I expected so I changed the
implementation to a different approach.

Since I still working on a draft implementation of using Torque 4 in
OSGi environments I don't want to redo all that stuff for Torque 3 but I
was hoping I just missed something in Torque codebase.

Cheers Chris