db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Jakob Blomqvist" <Jakob.Blomqv...@mah.se>
Subject No mail notification!
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:54:21 GMT
Hi,
I have set up Torque-2.4.3 (Server, MOM and Sched) on a single node, 16core AMD machine for
scientific calculations, with Ubuntu 10.10installed. The machine has a permanent ip address
within a universitynetwork. It is accessed to by ssh. I finally managed to get the qsub towork
(but for some reason *.txt files generated by software ends up at$HOME and not in $PBS_O_WORKDIR!
any ideas?), but email notificationwill not work. My ./configure was following:
$ ./configure --disable-gcc-warnings --with-server-home=/var/spool/pbs/ --with-sendmail=mail
followed by
$ make -j 16
and
$ sudo make install

I have mailx installed configured to use university outgoingsmpt-domain and following command
make me receive a testmail in mymailbox:
$ mail -s 'test message' XXXX.XXXX@XXX.se < /dev/null

I don't even know where to see if torque tried to send mail at all.
Obviously I use the -m flag and set a mail using -M. But no luck.

Any ideas?

Dr. Jakob Blomquist
IMP, School of Technology
Malmo University