db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Excessive database queries on postgresql: village metadata queries
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 17:15:40 GMT
> Has anyone encountered this before and managed to work out how to stop
> the metadata queries being translated into database queries? I would
> expect either the JDBC driver to cache these, or if not for Village to
> cache these.

I remember dimly using a patched version of village which caches the
metadata (per connection, if i remember correctly). I do not know whether
this was a public version or whether this was a private hack. Anyway,
unfortunately I did not find the patched version but if I remember
correctly it was only a few lines of code.

     Thomas