db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Excessive database queries on postgresql: village metadata queries
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:32:51 GMT
On 07 Jul 2010, at 4:43 PM, Greg Monroe wrote:

> Torque has been using Village pretty much since day 1.. and AFAIK the
> Village has been using metadata as long.  If you didn't have
> performance
> problems before, it's probably a JDBC version problem.

I've just methodically tried the postgresql 8.4 jdbc4 driver, then 8.4
jdbc3, then 8.3 jdbc4, and 8.3 jdbc3, then finally 8.2 jdbc4, and all
of them cause a storm of metadata queries (I have a database with many
tables, and many relationships between tables).

I am beginning to suspect that the problem was introduced when torque
was changed from v3.2 to v3.3.

Regards,
Graham