db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: blocking in connection pool
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:08:15 GMT
Hi Will,

> Anyone out there with Torque use  in a high volume load situation?
>
> I'm having trouble with a bottleneck in DBCP with Torque.  I set my DBCP
> connection pool limit to 300 (in the Torque config file) and my mysql
> "max_connections" to 300, but the "max_used_connections" variable in
MySQL
> never goes above about 70.

This would be a question to ask for the commons-dbcp or commons-pool list.

In the past, I have seen different blocking behaviours for different JDKs,
but not in the context of DBCP. JDK 1.4 was giving trouble but 1.5 was ok.

You might want to look at the Source code of the blocking method.

    Thomas