db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: [torrque-maven-plugin] Colliding parameters for different goals.
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:06:03 GMT
> I have encountered a problem running the M2 plugin for torque. The goals
> run are basically om, sql and sqlExec. There are a lot of parameters that
> can be specified for these goals so I do it in my projects pom.xml.
However,
> all these three goals have some parameters that have the same name, e.g
the
> outputDir parameter. For om, I want this to point to my source directory,
> for sql I want another directory where the sql-file will be generated.
But
> Maven2 is limited here and it is not possible to map different values for
> the same parameter to different goals.

This is not true. You need to define more than one execution.
In principle, you have the following options:

1) use the same configuration for all goals (this is what you currently do)
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.torque</groupId>
        <artifactId>torque-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>3.3</version>
        <configuration>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-om</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>om</goal>
              <goal>sql</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
2) define different executions, and define the complete configuration for
each execution
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.torque</groupId>
        <artifactId>torque-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>3.3</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-om</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>om</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <phase>generate-sql</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>sql</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
The following does not work:
3) Define some parameters for all executions and some for a specific
[...]

As 1) does not meet your requiremets your only option is 2)

   Thomas