db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Torque] Using Torque again
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:51:43 GMT
On 10.11.09 20:52, Angela Day wrote:
> Here is my default.properties file.  my build.properties file is empty.  The problem
seems to be referencing from the vm files that generate the om files.  Has there been an update
to those vm files for 3.3?  There is very little documentation on velocity that I can gleen
anything from.

Absolutely. Actually, there is not much left from the original template
files from 3.2 to 3.3, let alone 1.0.

> project = cdb
> database = oracle
> targetPackage = org.apache.torque
>
> torque.project = ${project}
> torque.database = ${database}
> torque.targetPackage = ${targetPackage}
> torque.runOnlyOnSchemaChange = false

The file looks mostly OK to me.

> outputDirectory = src
> schemaDirectory = conf
> templatePath = templates
> useClasspath = true
>
> torque.output.dir = ${torque.home}/${outputDirectory}
> torque.schema.dir = ${torque.home}/${schemaDirectory}
> torque.templatePath = ${templatePath}
> torque.useClasspath = ${useClasspath}

I'd probably put the templatePath out of the way. You should be fine
with the current templates from the JAR.

> torque.saveJavaName = ${sameJavaName}

This looks like a typo. But it could most probably not cause the
problems you are experiencing.

> overloadKeySetters = true
Dunno this one.

> useClasspath = false
[...]
> torque.useClasspath = ${useClasspath}

This is a dangerous duplication. You set this before further up and
overwrite it here with false. This might be your sole problem.

> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
> #
> #  C O N T R O L   T E M P L A T E S
> #
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> SQLControlTemplate = sql/base/Control.vm
> OMControlTemplate = om/Control.vm
> idTableControlTemplate = sql/id-table/Control.vm
> DataDTDControlTemplate = data/Control.vm
> DataDumpControlTemplate = data/dump/Control.vm
> DataSQLControlTemplate = sql/load/Control.vm
> DocControlTemplate = doc/Control.vm
>
> torque.template.sql = ${SQLControlTemplate}
> torque.template.om = ${OMControlTemplate}
> torque.template.idTable = ${idTableControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataDtd = ${DataDTDControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataDump = ${DataDumpControlTemplate}
> torque.template.dataSql = ${DataSQLControlTemplate}
> torque.template.doc = ${DocControlTemplate}
> torque.template.sqlDbInit = sql/db-init/Control.vm
> torque.template.ojb = ojb/repository/Control.vm
> torque.template.ojbModel = ojb/model/Control.vm

I don't think this is supported anymore.

Bye, Thomas