db-torque-user mailing list archives

From levko <lev.koza...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Primary key is set to the foreign key value
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 12:32:43 GMT

Thanks everybody for useful suggestions.

Actually, the tables I use have more complicated structures (each table has
it's own id key, etc.). I just wanted to understand why the char field.
which I defined as PK, is automatically filled with int value by the
idBroker. I believe, it's not intuitive behavior - I expected that idBroker
would, at least, check that the object I create and save already has PK
field set and would not generate new id automatically.

In any case, the idMethod="none" attribute makes it more flexible.

Thanks again,
-- Lev