db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: Fwd: no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:31:27 GMT
Based on the fact that the "no DataSourceFactory configured.." message
is probably using the Torque.getDefaultDB() to get the "DATABASE" string,
I think that you are probably not getting the config file you think your
are.

You mentioned Turbine. I don't use this so there may be some config
file related to this that needs to include or point to your Torque config
file info.  The generic word "DATABASE" makes me think this is some
default placeholder in Turbine.  I know it's not in Torque.

One thing that might be happening is that the commons Configuration
objects used by Torque (and probably Turbine) may do some searching
thru the classpath and other locations to find a file.

As to the "SQL not complete" message, this is as designed.  A Criteria
object is a template for an SQL string.  It is combined with the
specific Table object to create the final SQL string.  So, a
Criteria.toString() call will show you the template but this
may not be a working SQL string that you can use to test with.