db-torque-user mailing list archives

From C├ędric Durmont <cdurm...@gmail.com>
Subject generate schema with maven2 plugin
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:19:10 GMT
Hello there,

I feel a bit stupid to write here but I was following the torque
maven2 plugin and got myself stuck with that error message when I run
mvn compile :

-------
C:\workspace\test1\src\main\torque\schema not found.
	at org.apache.tools.ant.types.AbstractFileSet.getDirectoryScanner(AbstractFileSet.java:422)
(...)
-------

Creating the directory manually gets me rid of the message, but the
plugin still not generates a *schema.xml file from my database.

Is the plugin really supposed to create the *schema.xml file with the
"om" goal ? If so, what might be going wrong in my case ?
If not, how do I tell torque to generate the *schema.xml ? I have to
write a small app using an existing database containing 100+ tables. I
chose torque as ORM for this project mainly because the maven plugin
"can also generate the XML description of an existing database"
(quoting torque homepage).

Can someone help me with this ?

Additional information on my setup:
-new project created from scratch with maven2 (maven2 plugin for
Eclipse, more precisely)
-running a test mysql 5.1 database, containing 1 table
-I did the steps mentioned in
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/maven2-plugin/usage.html
. Just changed groupid org.apache.db.torque => org.apache.torque , as
it has been changed for torque 3.3