db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Bullwinkel Axel" <axel.bullwin...@systech-eu.com>
Subject RE: Problems while switching torque from mysql to oracle
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 14:07:10 GMT
That line looks like this:
torque.dsfactory.swamp.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1

Axel

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fischer [mailto:fischer@seitenbau.net]
Sent: Montag, 18. Mai 2009 16:01
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: RE: Problems while switching torque from mysql to oracle

A shot into the dark:

Is there a validationQuery in the Torque properties ?
If yes, did you change it to "select 1 from dual"?

     Thomas

"Bullwinkel Axel" <axel.bullwinkel@systech-eu.com> schrieb am 18.05.2009
15:34:57:

> "Bullwinkel Axel" <axel.bullwinkel@systech-eu.com>

> <torque-user@db.apache.org>

> 18.05.2009 15:42

> Problems while switching torque from mysql to oracle
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently trying to switch an application which uses torque
> from mysql to oracle 9.2 and I am facing some problems.
>
> The application is the workflow management tool SWAMP from suse and
> it runs on tomcat. When I try to start it via my browser I receive
> the following error messages (extract):

> Caused by: org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve
> connection info from pool
> at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection
(TorqueInstance.java:717)

> Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not
> retrieve connection info from pool
>         at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo

> (SharedPoolDataSource.java:171)

> Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a
> validated object
>         at
> org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject
> (GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:840)
>         at

org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo

> (SharedPoolDataSource.java:167)
>

> The relevant parts of my Torque.properties which I have changed are:
>

> torque.dsfactory.swamp.connection.driver =
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

jdbc:oracle:thin:@BRA1A01:1521:swamp