db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ivano Luberti <lube...@archicoop.it>
Subject multiple criteria on the same field
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 07:43:55 GMT
Hello , I have searched the ml and googled for this.
I have found 2 old email asking for this but with no answer.

When I try to do this :

Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
Criterion dataIscrizioneInizio =
criteria.getNewCriterion(IscrizioniSocioPeer.TABLE_NAME, "starttime",
(Date) (formUser.getDataIscrizioneInizio()), Criteria.GREATER_EQUAL);

dataIscrizioneInizio.setIgnoreCase(true);

criteria.add(dataIscrizioneInizio);

Criterion dataIscrizioneFine =
criteria.getNewCriterion(IscrizioniSocioPeer.TABLE_NAME, "starttime",
(Date) (formUser.getDataIscrizioneFine()), Criteria.LESS_EQUAL);

dataIscrizioneFine.setIgnoreCase(true);

criteria.add(dataIscrizioneFine);

Only the last criterion is included in the where clause.

I have stepped into the add(Criterion) method of the Criteria class and
found this:

    public Criteria add(Criterion c)
    {
        StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer(c.getTable().length()
                + c.getColumn().length() + 1);
        sb.append(c.getTable());
        sb.append('.');
        sb.append(c.getColumn());
        super.put(sb.toString(), c);
        return this;
    }

If I understand well , the map keys are based on the table and field
names then it is not possible to add two criteria on the same field to
produce sql like:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE table.field>x AND table.field<y

Can someone suggest the best practice to do this with Torque ?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa
tel.: +39-050- 580959