db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: upgrading to torque 3.3
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:31:32 GMT
As Thomas F. said, there are no written guides for this.

However, if I remember right, you will need to first make sure that
your XML matches the new DTD.  There probably have been some changes
between those versions.

Second, you will need to review and translate your build and
runtime configuration property files to the new version.  Somewhere
around 3.1 or 3.2 there was a significant restructuring of the
keys used for these.

This should get you to a workable set of DB classes.  You may then
see some compile issues if there have been any major changes in how
the new generated code interacts with your code.  You might also be
on the lookout for any use of Deprecated methods, etc.

As always, with a major shift like this... test, test, test...

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.