db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Greg Monroe <Greg.Mon...@dukece.com>
Subject RE: Maven2 plugin and build property overrideDir
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:39:04 GMT
Did a little research into this and found what MAY be a quick
work-around.  Not sure it's the final method and I haven't
tested it, but it should work.

Basically, you can define "system" scope dependencies in Maven
Poms. There are things that just get added to all goal class
paths and can point to any directory on the system.  So, you
could add your template overrides as a system dependency.  E.g.:

<plugin>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>my.torque.overrides</groupId>
      <artifactId>templateDir</artifactId>
      <version>0.1</version>
      <scope>system</scope>
      <systemPath>${basedir}/src/template/myTemplates.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>
</plugin>

Notes:

- The ${basedir} property is the directory containing the pom.xml
- Maven says it "checks for the existence of the file" pointed to
  by the systemPath tag.  It might be possible use a directory
  rather than a jar.