db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Correct way to getRelatedObjects with each relatedObject reference to this object?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:01:40 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
> The only way to achieve this in general would be modifying the object.vm
> template which generatates the get${relCol} method.
>
> I would believe that the behaviour you describe would make sense
> generally. Any opinions on that from other people ? By doing this one
> would increase coupling between objects.

The method add${relCol} already does this. So there will be no more
coupling than before. I agree that all these items should have a
reference to the same purchase order instance. The fix would require
another loop, however, which slows down these methods considerably.

The getItemsJoinPurchaseOrder()-method also creates a new copy of
PurchaseOrder for every line of Item. This is something I wanted to
address in 4.0 anyway.

Bye, Thomas.