db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ivano Luberti <lube...@archicoop.it>
Subject Re: newbie question about postgres: nextval
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:12:11 GMT
Another little question about one of your suggestion.
Remeber I use jdbc task to generate chema.xml file from the db.

Greg Monroe ha scritto:
> In general, for autoincrement id fields coming out of the JDBC task,
> you will need to decide which method to use with automatic id fields.
> This is done via the defaultIdMethod attribute on the database tag  or
> the idMethod attribute on the specific table tag.  The choices are
> idbroker (Torque's works everywhere method), native (the DB server's
> native method) or none.  In your case, you want native.
> Next you will need to identify the autoincrement fields and modify
> them to include the autoincrement="true" attribute and drop any
> default values.

Ok, but what is the default value for defaultIdMethod and for idMethod ?
Moreover is there a way to tell JDBCTransformTask to put the right value
in the schema file ?
In other words: can jdbc task be configured to follow this behaviour ?