db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: newbie question about postgres: nextval
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:34:16 GMT
Ivano Luberti wrote:
> Then, given your answer about the limitations of the jdbc task, I think
> that the absence of some visual tool that is able to produce this schema
> files is something  that prevents Torque to be more successful.
> For example if Power Architect would be able to generate both the schema
> file and not only the sql it would be great.

Well, the term "absence" this is not entirely true. We've got some
"special tools" to start with at
http://db.apache.org/torque/tools/index.html.

Many of the DB-Design-Tools use some kind of XML schema to store the db
model. So it's basically "just" a matter of writing a bit of XSLT...

On the other hand, the Torque database schema is used in a couple of
other projects, too.

Bye, Thomas.