db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I put the postgresql driver(jar) where maven can find it.
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:22:30 GMT
Martin Tilsted wrote:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

Maven should have setup a repository where it downloads all kinds of
dependencies. Normally this is ~/.maven/repository. You will need to add
a dependency entry to your project.xml like in

---8<---
    <dependency>
      <groupId>postgresql</groupId>
      <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
      <version>8.3-603.jdbc4</version>
    </dependency>
---8<---

This version is available in the central repository so you will not need
to download it yourself.

> An other thing is: I removed my .maven and then did a
> maven torque:jdbc
> which result in the file
> ./cache/maven-torque-plugin-3.3-RC2
> But torque-3.3 have been released, so why does it fetch the old RC2 file?

Well, this depends on the entries in your project.xml. Find the
dependency on maven-torque-plugin and change the version to 3.3. I
recommend to delete the 3.3-RC2-version from the cache first.

Bye, Thomas.