db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Unsigned integers
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:35:13 GMT
> > That said, the best bet would be to manually define the column
> > type to be an UNSIGNED INTEGER in the DB and then use BIGINT
> > as the type in the schema.  This will make the Record object
> > use the long type and avoid having large binary int values
> > become negative.
> >
> That sound like a good solution. The only small problem is that I
> generate the schema.xml directly from the database,
> so next time i change the database and need a new schema.xml file, I
> will have to change the schema.xml file again.

IMHO torque:jdbc is no good as  a totally automatic way to create a
schema.xml. It is good as a first guess, but nothing more, because the
informations from the jdbc driver are not complete enough to extract a
good schema.
If it worked for you so far, you were lucky.

> Oh and to be total off-topic: Does anyone have a description/status for
> "torque 4.0" I am thinking about things such as
> "New features","Status"(Is anyone really working on it at all) and
> "expected release date").

Hm, yes, "we are thinking about it" is a good description of the status.
The problem is that everybody was very busy with other stuff the last half
of a year. But now with the economy crisis coming, probably there will be
more time in the near future.

    Thomas