db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Tilsted <til...@daimi.au.dk>
Subject Re: Unsigned integers
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:51:06 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:
>>> That said, the best bet would be to manually define the column
>>> type to be an UNSIGNED INTEGER in the DB and then use BIGINT
>>> as the type in the schema.  This will make the Record object
>>> use the long type and avoid having large binary int values
>>> become negative.
>>>

>> That sound like a good solution. The only small problem is that I
>> generate the schema.xml directly from the database,
>> so next time i change the database and need a new schema.xml file, I
>> will have to change the schema.xml file again.
>>

> IMHO torque:jdbc is no good as  a totally automatic way to create a
> schema.xml. It is good as a first guess, but nothing more, because the
> informations from the jdbc driver are not complete enough to extract a
> good schema.
> If it worked for you so far, you were lucky.

Or maybe Torque have lots of features I don't know about.

But what kind of features in my database could be a problem for torque:jdbc?

I love torque, because I can just define my database in sql and then run
maven torque:jdbc to get a schema.xml file, that maps
all the tables to classes, with primary and foreign keys, and allow me
to retrieve data from the database.

Martin