db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Tilsted <til...@daimi.au.dk>
Subject Re: Unsigned integers
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:38:33 GMT

> That said, the best bet would be to manually define the column
> type to be an UNSIGNED INTEGER in the DB and then use BIGINT
> as the type in the schema.  This will make the Record object
> use the long type and avoid having large binary int values
> become negative.

That sound like a good solution. The only small problem is that I
generate the schema.xml directly from the database,
so next time i change the database and need a new schema.xml file, I
will have to change the schema.xml file again.

But I guess I will just make a small script, to do a string replace on
the schema.xml file, after running maven torque:jdbc so it's not a big
problem :}

And thanks for the help.

Oh and to be total off-topic: Does anyone have a description/status for
"torque 4.0" I am thinking about things such as
"New features","Status"(Is anyone really working on it at all) and
"expected release date").

Martin