db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Zé Carlos" <ze.carlo...@gmail.com>
Subject More than one database
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:35:17 GMT
Hi there, i'm new to Torque and i'm making some tests to see if Torque fits
my needs.
Untll now, i'm finding torque amazingly simple and perfect for what i need,
i tried hibernate and i dint like it.

I have 2 doubts.

The first doubt:
Can i use more than one database at the same time ? I would need to work
with a remote database and with a local database with almost the same
schema. Do i need to generate te same schema 2 times ant put it in 2
different packages ? or can i reuse generated classes to 2 different
connections ?

The second doubt:
Is it possible to map many-to-many associations with Torque? I know it's not
hard to implement that association by hand customizing some classes. But if
already exists some generator solution, it would be great! because i have a
lot of them.

By the way, an IRC channel would be a good improvement to the project
support.

Regards!