db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Foreign Key
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:15:26 GMT
>         <column name="id" javaName="id" primaryKey="true"
required="true"
> type="INTEGER" />
>         <foreign-key foreignTable="jogadores" name="id">
>             <reference local="id" foreign="novo_jogador_id" />
>         </foreign-key>

>         <column name="id" javaName="id" primaryKey="true"
required="true"
> type="INTEGER" />
>         <column name="novo_jogador_id" javaName="novoJogadorId"
> type="INTEGER" />
>         <foreign-key foreignTable="novos_jogadores"
name="novo_jogador_id">
>             <reference local="novo_jogador_id" foreign="id" />
>         </foreign-key>
>
> on the table 'novos_jogadores' i mapped 'id' as foreign key referencing
> foreign key on 'jogadores', this forces the generator to build a
> NovoJogadorPeer.getJogador(NovoJogador x), is any problem with this kind
of
> mapping with updates, deletions and insertions?

Looks strange to me. I usually model a 1:1 relation like a 1:n relation
(of which the 1:1 relation is a special case)
Torqe treats this as a circular relationship rather than a 1:1
relationship so things can happen that you'd not expect.

But if it works for you, nobody prevents you from modeling the
relationship like you did.

  Thomas