db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "jbowman" <jbow...@coemergence.com>
Subject SQL Server 2005 - varchar(max)
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:28:06 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to the list so please bear with me if this question has been
previously discussed.

Is there any version of Torque that supports any of the "new" SQL Server
2005 column specification changes, specifically:

NVARCHAR(max)?

The MSDN documentation defines it as:

"Variable-length Unicode character data. n can be a value from 1 through
4,000. max indicates that the maximum storage size is 2^31-1 bytes. The
storage size, in bytes, is two times the number of characters entered + 2
bytes. The data entered can be 0 characters in length."

If not, are there any plans in the works to support such SQL Server 2005
changes?

John