db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raj <nwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Torque generated code in a separate jar?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:40:51 GMT
Greetings All,

We currently have the torque generated code in
the same eclipse java project as rest of the business layer code. The
torque code (BaseXxx, XxxMapBuilder) sits in a separate package 'com.company.project.base'and
gets compiled into a jar along with rest of the application code.

We
are looking into creating a separate (persistence) project for the
generated code and generate a jar that can be used in the business tier
code in a different (business) project. The business project will also
have the XxxPeer & Xxx classes that gets generated by torque but
isĀ  modified. This way there will a lot fewer java files to work with while searching, checkin
, checkouts etc.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this approach? Or is it something that we should
have done in the first place? :)

Cheers,
Raj