db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brendan Miller" <bmil...@dotster.com>
Subject Re: ORA-01461 on update to VARCHAR2(3000)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 18:05:17 GMT
Good point.  I ran the query for curiosity, and we are using UTF8.  So
this *could* happen.  But in the case of this data, the string is 1200
or so bytes of regular ASCII-7 (printable) data.

So I fear something else is at work.

Also, how does one "configure his client" (Torque) accordingly to be
UTF8 aware?  Or does it matter?  Or does it matter?  Or does it matter?
Or does it matter?

Brendan