db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brendan Miller" <bmil...@dotster.com>
Subject ORA-01461 on update to VARCHAR2(3000)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:13:26 GMT

We have an existing table we have newly wrapped with a Torque object
model by adding it to our schema.  It has three VARCHAR2(3000) fields
which we have modeled as

 <column name="CERT_STRING" size="3000" type="VARCHAR"/>

When performing an update to an object fetched from this table, we
receive:

ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

It looks like this comes from Village somewhere (I can provide the stack
trace, if you'd like).  This is Oracle 9i.

I tried using LONGVARCHAR, but it maps to the same .setString in
Village's Value class.  I really couldn't tell where Torque/Village
could be messing up, so maybe this is an Oracle thing.

Has anyone ran into this kind of problem before?

Brendan