db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: Subselects in Torque 3.3rc2
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:58:57 GMT

http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg03764.html

> I hope there is an other option than using the custom modifier.
>
> Can anybody tell me?

Subselects were added somewhere in the 3.3 dev cycle. No idea whether
3.3-RC2 already had it. Check the change logs.
You can activate it by adding the subselect criteria to the outer
criteria.

> I also found "doSelectJoin<tablename>" but this is only half of what I
> need. Maybe it is an idea to reimplement a
> doSelectJoin<firstTablename_secondTablename>-Method.
>
> Is this an option and a good idea?

If you need it often, why not. You can write it yourself or autogenerate
it by modifying the templates.

Check the generated code for the doSelectJoin<tablename> method, you
should get the idea pretty fast.

    Thomas