db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Does derby support still work?
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:45:16 GMT
Thomas Vandahl wrote:

> What this tells you is that a column name "key" is not valid in Derby.
> You should choose another name. Although you might succeed creating a
> valid SQL file by patching some templates, Village will barf at you when
> you want to insert something.

I tried the next table down, and it also failed like so:

ij> CREATE TABLE active ( active_id INTEGER NOT NULL, serial VARCHAR NOT
NULL, name VARCHAR NOT NULL, description VARCHAR NOT NULL, signature_id
INTEGER NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(active_id), UNIQUE (serial));
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "NOT" at line 1, column 66.

The table below that failed as well, seemingly for the same reason:

ij> CREATE TABLE company ( company_id INTEGER NOT NULL, serial VARCHAR
NOT NULL, name VARCHAR NOT NULL, tradingas VARCHAR, registration_number
VARCHAR NOT NULL, vat_number VARCHAR, fsp_number VARCHAR, bank_account
VARCHAR, bank_sortcode VARCHAR, bank_name VARCHAR, bank_swift VARCHAR,
bank_reference VARCHAR, description VARCHAR, active_id INTEGER NOT NULL,
contact_id INTEGER NOT NULL, valid_from DATE, valid_to DATE,
signature_id INTEGER NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(company_id), UNIQUE (serial,
registration_number));
ERROR 42X01: Syntax error: Encountered "NOT" at line 1, column 68.

Is there a special version of derby required? I am using v10.4.1.3.

Regards,
Graham