db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SQL TIMESTAMP and Torque java.util.Date mapping.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:20:25 GMT
Shinkan wrote:
> Maybe that is because my schema doesn't NULL the value correctly ? Here is
> the column definition :
> <column name="expires"
>       type="TIMESTAMP"
>       required="false" />
> And the generated SQL:
> expiration TIMESTAMP,

That looks ok to me. Based on this definition

>> criteria.add(TestPeer.EXPIRES, (Object) null, Criteria.ISNULL)

seems to be the right way to check for a null value. Unless Derby is
doing something strange with TIMESTAMP columns by itself - like, for
example, MySQL which would insert the current timestamp in such a column.

What does Derbys documentation say about TIMESTAMP columns?

Bye, Thomas.