db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Shinkan <shin...@gmail.com>
Subject Programatically set torque.dsfactory.<MY_BASE>.connection.url
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:00:09 GMT
Hi everybody !

I encounter a quite disturbing problem with Torque.
I use it over Apache Derby, and I need to set a password encrypted secure
connection to my Derby base.
So the resulting JDBC connection line is something like :
"jdbc:derby:mybase;dataEncryption=true;bootPassword=mypass"
Due to obvious security reason, I CAN NOT put this connection string on a
config file for my app, or everybody would be able to read the pass, and
connect to the base using other ways that my application plans to.
So I MUST define the "torque.dsfactory.mybase.connection.url" somewhere else
than in "Torque.properties".

I tried this :
Torque.init(_torquePropertiesPath);
Torque.getConfiguration().setProperty("torque.dsfactory.mybase.connection.url",
_secureConnectionString);

But later in my app, when I use SomeTablePeer::retrieveByPk( ... );
Torque throws an SQLException error, pretending that "The url cannot be
null".
So I deduce this is because the "setProperty" doesn't set the
torque.dsfactory.mybase.connection.url correctly ...
If I put the connection string in Torque.properties, everything is OK. BUT I
CAN NOT.
So I would like to know how to proceed to set this connection.url without
using config files ...

Thanks in advance everyone !

--
Pierre.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use XML".