db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Shinkan <shin...@gmail.com>
Subject SQL TIMESTAMP and Torque java.util.Date mapping.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:31:43 GMT
Hi again there !

I have a TIMESTAMP type column in a schema, and the Torque maps it to
java.util.Date, which is really convenient most of the time.
BUT, I would like to check for this column nullity, SQL point-of-view.
That's to say, I have to check that this field, let's call it "expires", is
NULL Timestamp (00-00-0000 00:00:00).
Trying to compare expires against new Date(0) fails as new Date(0) gives
(and that's obvious), the first UNIX timestamp date.
I can use New Date(int, int, int, int, int, int) BUT it is deprecated, and I
really would like to avoid this.

So, how can I build a Criteria to check if my field "expires" from table
"test" is NULL timestamp (00-00-0000 00:00:00) ?
timeCrit.add( TestPeer.EXPIRES, ?????????);

Thanks in advance !

--
Pierre.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use XML".