db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:24:40 GMT
> I just added this to log4j.properties :
>
> log4j.category.rootCategory = ALL, org.apache.torque
> log4j.category.org.apache.commons = ALL, org.apache.torque
>
> THIS IS WORKING !
>
> But it still think that's a Torque/commons-logging bug, whih is not
> correctly handling Log4j config.

I have a different opinion about this. Torque does neither initialize
log4j nor commons-logging. It is up to the user to do this. If you don't
initialize logging, the standard configuration is used. This is the
intended behaviour.

Unfortunately for you, the standard configuration for commons-logging is
to use log4j if it is in the classpath, and the standard configuration for
log4j is to complain if it is not initialized. There is nothing Torque can
do about this.

I'm not an expert in log4j, but it seems that if you can add something to
your log4j.properties which makes log4j work as you want to, then the
previous log4j was wrong, and now you got it right.

     Thomas