db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Shinkan <shin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:03:07 GMT
As you say, this don't prevent Log4J from working.
But these 2 lines are really annoying as my app is a server app, which is
run in background as a daemon on Linux.
Thus, they are outputed from System.err, and I can't guarantee that
production tasks in production env which will use this server will not
require stop on standard error output.
Moreover, this is not really reassuring from a server that the firts 2 lines
you have talks about WARNING ... :D

Then I can't rely on self programmatically controled log ignition because I
just want Torque operations to be logged like this.
So Torque should handle Log4j properties loading (via commons-logging API),
I can't control that, except editing commons-logging properties, which are
by the way quoted earlier in my mails.

BUT BY THE WAY !
I've found something which make things working.
As log4j was complaining about lack of appender for
org.apache.commons.somepackage.someclass,
I just added this to log4j.properties :

log4j.category.rootCategory = ALL, org.apache.torque
log4j.category.org.apache.commons = ALL, org.apache.torque

THIS IS WORKING !

But it still think that's a Torque/commons-logging bug, whih is not
correctly handling Log4j config.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 17:29, Naveen Murthy
<naveen.srinivasa@aricent.com>wrote:

> Actually, i dont think those 2 lines coming on ur stdout
> means - "log4j will not work for you"

Pierre.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use XML".
Now they have two problems. -- Jamie Zawinski / James Robertson