db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Shinkan <shin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:59:51 GMT
>  (for i in `find . -name '*.jar'`; do echo $i; unzip -t $i | grep
> .properties; done) > ../properties.txt

More fun, on compliant Unix systems : find . -name '*.jar' -exec unzip -t {}
| grep .properties \;

Anyway ...
I did as David Beukes said.
I put a commons-logging.properties file on my classpath, and deported log4j
conf on log4j.properties.
I know have log working ... but not really.
I get DEBUG entries on the log, then suddenly, the same error as before on
System.err, but with different class target :

"log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly."

I don't even understand why it is talking about "org.apache.commons" AS I
SPECIFICALLY TOLD that I wanted to log org.apache.torque only ... do you
think this is about another log4j file somewhere in my classpath ? (I run
tests on Windows now, so I can't script a find :p).

Here is the commons-logging.properties:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Here is the log4j.properties:
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = ALL, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file = log/data.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c
- %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.maxBackupIndex = 5
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.maxFileSize = 1MB
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = true

By the way, these 2 files are in my project root /conf directory, which is
explicitely added on classpath.

Thanks in advance ... once again.

--
Pierre.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use XML".