db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Adam Allgaier <allgai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:19:22 GMT
We created our own servlet to initiate the logger:

    <!-- servlet to initialize the logger -->
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>log4j-init</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.foo.bar.Log4jInit</servlet-class>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>log4j-init-file</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/logger.conf</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

public class Log4jInit extends HttpServlet {

  public
  void init() {
    String prefix =  getServletContext().getRealPath("/");
      //set the system property for the logging path
    System.setProperty("logPath",prefix+"WEB-INF/logs");
    String file = getInitParameter("log4j-init-file");
    // if the log4j-init-file is not set, then no point in trying
    if(file != null) {
      PropertyConfigurator.configure(prefix+file);
    }
  }//init()

}//class