db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Manaster, Carl" <Ca...@ACTIVX.com>
Subject RE: Joined Delete
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:30:08 GMT
Hi, Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.

> - A criteria can be changed when a select is made. You use
> the same criteria to count and to delete. This is typically
> not a good idea.

That comes as a surprise to me - I would not expect use of a criteria to
change it.  I tried it just now with separate but (initially) identical
criteria and the behavior is unchanged.

> - Unfortunately, select and delete sql is composed
> differently. Have you tried to debug the sql code which is
> used for the delete ?

No, I haven't.  As I dug into it, when it got to BasePeer, it hit
library code (classes from the jar instead of source files in my
project) before creating the sql and I haven't yet brought the torque
source into my project to debug further.

Peace,
--Carl