db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thoralf Rickert <thoralf.rick...@cadooz.de>
Subject AW: MSSQL JDBC2XML Task generates no XML
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:05:45 GMT
> What Torque does is it opens a connection to the db, goes for
> the metadata of the connection and makes the call
>
>  tableNames = dbMeta.getTables(null, dbSchema, "%", types);
>
> Maybe you can try to do this manually and play around to see
> what goes wrong ?
>
> It may also be that you have a permission problem and the
> orgasales user is not allowed to list all tables...

Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I allready tried this:

--
Class.forName("com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver").newInstance();
Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:sqlserver://srv-poseidon;instanceName=orgasales;databaseName=OrgaSales;SelectMethod=cursor;integratedSecurity=true",

DatabaseMetaData metadata = connection.getMetaData();
String[] names = {"TABLE"};
ResultSet tableNames = metadata.getTables(null, "%", "%", names);
int size = 0;
while (tableNames.next()) {
  System.out.println(tableNames.getString("TABLE_NAME"));
  size++;
}
System.out.println("Found "+size+" tables");
--

The result has 346 tables. So the db user has access to the db and can read the metadata.