db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raj <nwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock error
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:46:54 GMT
More info.. the transaction isolation level in my.cnf
is set to REPEATABLE-READ.
My google research suggested setting this to
READ-COMMITED, need to review th implications before
changing this.
Also, not sure if this is the source of the problem.
Thanks,
Raj

my.cnf:

# Set the default transaction isolation level. Levels
available are:
# READ-UNCOMMITTED, READ-COMMITTED, REPEATABLE-READ,
SERIALIZABLE
transaction_isolation = REPEATABLE-READ

--- Raj <nwiraj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Getting a deadlock related error intermittently.
> The stack trace is as shown below.
>
> Torque version: 3.2
> Mysql version: mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.33, for
> apple-darwin8.8.4 (i686) using  EditLine wrapper
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Raj
>

> org.apache.torque.TorqueException:
> java.sql.SQLException: Deadlock found when trying to
> get lock; Try restarting transaction message from
> server: "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting
> transaction"
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.throwTorqueException(BasePeer.java:103)
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.insertOrUpdateRecord(BasePeer.java:639)
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.access$000(BasePeer.java:73)
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer$IOUProcessCallback.process(BasePeer.java:1254)
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.processTables(BasePeer.java:1645)
>         at

org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1234)