db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Leo Przybylski <przyb...@engr.arizona.edu>
Subject Re: Column names with spaces
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 20:40:35 GMT
I would use the torque-generator to migrate the database to a new schema
where column names with spaces don't exist. Then, I would use that
database instead. Takes approximately 10 minutes to do.

--
Leo Przybylski
Application Systems Analyst, Senior

Office: 520.626.6997
E-mail: przybyls [at] u.arizona.edu

Thoralf Rickert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Of course the list of problems with mssql doesn't stop...
>
> I've got now a xml schema from the existing database. Some "lovely boy" decided years
ago that it would be nice to use spaces inside the column names of the database scheme. For
example: "Time after". This is not a problem if you use the special syntax "[Time after]"
in a select. But I don't have this kind of access with Torque (prove me wrong, if not). If
I try to make a Criteria, Torque quits this selection with

> Malformed column name in Criteria getTableName: 'T_Stammdaten.Time after' is not of the
form 'table.column'

> Okay, actually this is an error that doesn't have something to do with the real problem.
Is there a way to setup a database specific syntax for column names. So in MySQL it would
be "`" or in MSSQL/Sybase it would be "[" and "]".

> Additionally - I think the "torque" task that generates the classes should escape the
spaces if it uses the database column names to generate column constants (currently it produces