db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Monroe" <Greg.Mon...@DukeCE.com>
Subject RE: Criteria.addIn on List or Object[] doesn't generate quoted strings?
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:43:19 GMT
> From: Brendan Miller [mailto:bmiller@dotster.com]
>
> Out of curiosity, what kind of performance implications do you think
> any of this (or your DataMap idea) would incur--is it really that
huge?

Well, my first thought was that the look up shouldn't occur in the
processInValue method.  This gets called for each element in the
array which could be hundreds of times.

IMHO, the "ideal" solution would be that once Criteria are being
processed into SQL, there should be one lookup that converts the
column info into a Column object.  This would have to deal with
"pseudo" columns (E.g. aliased or function items). This object
would have a method to get the ColumnMap object if it's a "real"
column.

This object is what is passed to all the build methods instead
of a plain String "column" object.  This would limit the
lookup overhead to once per each criteria.

DukeCE Privacy Statement:
strictly prohibited.