db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Leo Przybylski <przyb...@arizona.edu>
Subject XML Entities in Table Names
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 05:01:15 GMT

Hello all,

I'm new to the list. I tried searching for the answer to my question on
the internet, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe I am asking the wrong
question, but here it is.

I am using torque to copy one database to another. For example, Oracle
to Oracle, or Oracle to MySQL. There is no way to know the source or
target. Torque doesn't seem to care, and that's what I like about it.

Some RDBMS allow strange characters that are XML entities in the name.
For example, Oracle will allow something like DEPT$SECTION or something
like that. '$' causes problems in XML. Torque produces the following
error as a result:
[torque-data-dump] org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An
invalid or illegal XML character is specified.

What can I do to get around this? I am not opposed to entity translation
in XML (ie., <DEPT_DDOLLAR_SECTION ... /> where DDOLLAR replaces $,) but
how would I go about that?

Much thanks in advance,

- --
Leo Przybylski
Application Systems Analyst, Senior
Department of Sponsored Projects Services
The University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85701

Office: 520.626.6997
E-mail: przybyls [at] u.arizona.edu