db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raj <nwi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Deploying torque as a seaparate service
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:32:11 GMT
Greetings All,

We are looking to deploy apache-torque based
business/persistence layer as a separate component
that can be accessed by multiple clients.

Currently we have it inside a war file. We need to do
this since we will have multiple web & non-web clients
accessing the business/persistence layer.

One approach is to wrap the torque based
business/persistence component as a REST service and
deploy it in a separate tomcat instance or as separate
web-app.

Appserver: Tomcat 5.5

Any other ideas that will reduce this
migration/redesign work?