db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <h...@synyx.de>
Subject Maven Multiproject and IDBroker
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:23:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm still struggling with some problems in our multiproject structure.

We have several subprojects that contain seperate schema files. Id
generation is set to idbroker. Generation and initialization seem to
work ok, but the ids for the ID_TABLE are calculated incorrectly. Every
submodule starts with the id 100 again and therefore overwrites existing
entries in the database.

E.g. the following entries get created for different submodules:

First id-table.sql
insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, table_name, next_id, quantity) VALUES
(101, 'log_entry', 1000, 10);
insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, table_name, next_id, quantity) VALUES
(102, 'binary_files', 1000, 10);

The second id-table.sql
insert into ID_TABLE (id_table_id, table_name, next_id, quantity) VALUES
(101, 'poll', 1000, 10);

Therefore the id table does not contain all the entries needed because
some of them get lost.

Is there a way to configure the idbroker on a per schema basis to start
from a certain id? I noticed that there's the element
<id-method-parameter> but I can't find any documentation.

Also, I tried to have a look at the sources for the maven plugin to find
out how the generation is implemented but the link on
http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/maven2-plugin/source-repository.html
is dead and using my svn client with
svn://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/torque/torque-maven-plugin results in
connection refused.

Thanks in advance
Florian