db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Owen B. Mehegan" <omehe...@hi5.com>
Subject Re: Limit to torque.properties?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:48:29 GMT
Aha, there was a rumor around the office that Torque could only handle
100 datasources. Guess you're saying that's not the case :) Cool.

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> "Owen B. Mehegan" <omehegan@hi5.com> schrieb am 20.02.2008 00:59:12:
>
>> Is there any limit to the number of unique datasources I can have in my
>> torque.properties?
>>

> Well, the file needs to fit on the hard drive of your computer and into the
> jvm memory, and I'm not sure if you can open more than 65536 network
> connections, but apart from that none that I know of.
> However, I'm not sure how slow everything gets if you have ten thousand
> data sources.
>
>     Thomas

Owen B. Mehegan
Database Framework QA Guy
"He is a dangerous mixture of sophistication and recklessness which
makes one anxious about his influence on other boys."

omehegan@hi5.com
YIM: omehegan
AIM: ottomaticjack
GTalk: omehegan@gmail.com