db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Martin Tilsted <til...@daimi.au.dk>
Subject How do I control the join type of doSelectJoin?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:14:22 GMT
How do I control the join type of the  doSelectJoin methods?

Currently it use the "join which are not real joins, and which don't use
the join keywoard".
That is: The joins where it just set the fields values  of the 2
relations to be equal. (The default join operation for some reason)
 I don't know what that kind of joins are called, so let me just call
them field joins.

The problem with field joins are that if you use more then one in a
single query you get duplicate rows in your result,
so what do I do if i have a criteria which in itself contains 2 inner
joins, and I also need to use the doSelectJoin method?
I can't convert it to field joins, because that will give me duplicate rows.

btw: I have newer understood the reason to use field joins at all. Can
anyone enlighten me on in which cases one would use a field join
instead of a inner join?

Martin