db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Joins to read corresponding rows
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:22:17 GMT
Martin Tilsted wrote:
> Now according to the documentation, I would expect BaseLocalepagePeer to
> have a protected method called doSelectJoinLocalePagepart but it don't.
> It does not have any method starting with doSelectJoin.
> But my BaseLocalepagepartPeer do have a doSelectJoinLocalepage.

The doSelectJoin* methods exist only for the N side of a 1:N relation.
However you can easily use doSelectJoinLocalPage() to achieve what you want.

The result of the join is basically the same: A record of Localepagepart
together with their Localepage in each line. Only that the Localepages
are repeated. The magic inside the doselectJoin* methods detects if the
Localepage objects are identical (by comparing their primary keys) and
avoids to duplicate them. So the only thing you need to do after the
doSelectJoinLocalepage() call is to loop through the result set and to
select the different Localepages which will be prepopulated with their
associated Localepagepart objects.

Bye, Thomas.