db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <tfisc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disabling generation of org.apache.torque.linkage.MyDBMapInit
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:52:32 GMT
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Florian Hopf wrote:

> Hi,
> we are using Torque to generate our OM-classes for several submodules in
> a Maven2 multiproject structure. Everything works fine so far, but as we
> keep the schema code for the domain classes  in the different
> submodules, several instances of org.apache.torque.linkage.MyDBMapInit
> are created (one for every subpackage that contains a Torque schema).
>
> Is the only use for this class to manually set up the schema
> information? Can we safely ignore that there are several classes with
> the same name in the same package in the classpath?

The use of the class is to load all TableMap classes at once via
DatabaseMap.initialize(). If you do not call
DatabaseMap.initialize() (which is the "standard" way),
the TableMaps are loaded the first time the corresponding Peer class is
loaded. So if you do not call DatabaseMap.initialize() manually, you can
ignore the classes.

> Or even better: Can the generation of the class be disabled?

At the moment, only by changing the templates, I'm afraid.

     Thomas